"Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray."

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tuna Melt

Okay, so I made tuna melts tonight; mostly because I didn't plan and I couldn't bring myself to make Tyson chicken nuggets or some other monstrosity.  So I googled "tuna melt" and found this all recipes concoction:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/tuna-melt-sandwiches/detail.aspx

The only alteration I made was substituting the 1/2 cup mayo (we are a family of 7; I double most recipes) for 1/4 cup soy milk and 1/4 cup cream cheese.

I served this with cream of tomato soup directly from a Campbell's can, with goldfish on top.  Of course.  My husband, who isn't normally broad in the palette department, actually called me after picking up one of the tuna sandwiches to go, to tell me how incredible they were.  Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment